funsec mailing list archives

Gerogia cyber attacks analysis and lectures, ISOI 5

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 06:23:38 -0500 (CDT)

At the next ISOI ( http://isotf.org/isoi5.html ) we have several lectures
of interest. Naturally, they are security related so they are all "of
interest", but we have specific lectures and events on the latest infowar
incidents.

The next ISOI will be held in Tallinn, Estonia -- 11th and 12th of
September, 2008. (this month).

Georgia:
1. Estonian CERT  (which helped in Georgia) will give a briefing.
2. Shadowserver willl give a briefing.
3. Jart Armin (RBN Blog) just confirmed he will be there, too.
4. A panel on everything we know on the incient.

Estonian incident, a year later:
1. A presentation from an ethnic Russian -- Estonian citizen, on the
incident.
2. A panel/audience discussion for an hour and a half with the "defenders"
on the Estonian side.
3. Hillar Aarelaid (the Estonian CERT manager) will discuss
some of his lessons about defending a country.

Seats are usually reserved for members of vetted operational security
communities and task forces, but we can reserve seats for people in relevant
positions (ISPs, law enforcement, etc.).

Feel free to pass this along:
http://isotf.org/isoi5.html

        Gadi.