funsec mailing list archives

When staff should get the stack

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:37:32 +0100

[http://backbytes.computing.co.uk/2008/07/when-staff-shou.html]

As we all know, IT security is a problem that hardware and software alone
can't solve. You also need a brain.
"I used to work for a large credit reference agency based in the East
Midlands," says Gordon McIntosh at T-Systems.
"I had a team-mate who had risen to a fairly high technical position thanks
to the company policy of promoting those who had been there longest.
"One morning she showed concern at a large stack of floppy disks balancing
precariously on my desk. She was concerned that by stacking so many floppy
disks together I was in danger of propagating a virus through the stack."

--
David Harley, ESET Research Author
AVIEN COO: http://www.avien.org