funsec mailing list archives

Turf war turfs protection

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 11:09:05 -0800

Oh, good.  We can't decide who gets to be boss, so we're going to sit and pout.

The Pentagon has suspended an Air Force plan to establish a Cyber Command that
would protect the United States from attacks on its electronic infrastructure. The
initiative might be falling victim to a turf battle within the federal Department of
Defense. A senior military commander told the Associated Press that computer
defense and offense would be better sited within U.S. Strategic Command.  The
former secretary of the Air Force, who was fired earlier this year, had been the
chief patron of creating a cyber command.

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080815/NEWS03/808150407/1
007

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
[In the Anglican Church] whether or not one believes in God tends
to be sidestepped.  It's not quite in good taste.  Someone said
that the Church of England is so constituted that its members can
really believe anything at all, but of course almost none of them
do.                                                   - Alan Bennett
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/