funsec mailing list archives

Re: olympics bsod

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:24:02 -0800

Date sent:              Wed, 13 Aug 2008 07:27:25 +0000 (GMT)
From:                   Paul Ferguson <fergdawg () netzero net>

http://www.informationweek.com/news/personal_tech/TV_theater/showArticle.jh
tml?articleID=210002310

Thing is, it's the Chinese who understand the situation better than we do.  We are
still labouring under the delusion that the Olympics are about that "higher,
stronger, faster" crap.  The Chinese understand that it's about eyeballs glued to
screens, TV budgets, entertainment, and image.  If you have one girl who can sing,
and one who looks cute, you put the singer under the stage with a mike, and tell
the cute one to stand on stage and make like a goldfish.  Fireworks are expensive
and unreliable, so you fake up a tape, and make sure that nobody can get any video
of the real stuff: you control the horizontal and vertical.

If anyone catches on, you try and divert attention:

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=c6c8fea0-740a-4026-
8b03-09b8a3f1389b

If all else fails, you remind the media who's really in charge:

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=e2b414ee-746d-4b81-
9a9e-99ebef5bdcdd

You didn't really think the Olympics were about honest effort did you?  (Now, if
only we can get people to forget about that drug testing nonsense ...)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Anyone can make a decision given enough facts. A good manager can
make a decision without enough data. A perfect manager can decide
in perfect ignorance.
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/