funsec mailing list archives

Re: Leaks in Patch for Web Security Hole

From: "Åke Nordin" <polymorpevz () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 14:18:43 +0200

(i'm not on dnsops, and I started this b4 Gadi sent his. And I never seem to
remember Reply All. Lazy sunday up here among the icebears...)

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Larry Seltzer <larry () larryseltzer com> wrote:
Well then we're completely screwed because nothing is going to get
DNSSEC implemented quickly, and the 10 hour number is going to get
shorter with improvements in hardware and increased parallelism.

Why so pessimistic? Why not join the choir and sing the gospel you too?
This "nothing is going to get DNSSEC implemented quickly" may just
have changed. I mean, a year and a half ago when .se went out of it's
test phase and was officially ready for production use, quite a few were
interested, but then nothing happened cause nobody else did anything.
And DNS seemed as reliable as ever. Now, i'ts an entirely different
game.

--
Åke Nordin Unix/net geek, Netia.se consultant, Stacken member.