funsec mailing list archives

Re: Pure 419

From: Gregory Hicks <ghicks () cadence com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 21:10:42 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 19:05:29 -0700
From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <mallet () blackehlo cluestick org>
To: Gregory Hicks <ghicks () cadence com>
Cc: funsec () linuxbox org, spam () linuxbox org, rmslade () shaw ca
Subject: Re: Pure 419

+++ Gregory Hicks [25/07/08 17:46 -0700]:
This one is reputedly from India not Nigeria...  (sify.com is reportedly
in Chennai,Tamil Nadu, India...)

Its a freemail. What do you expect? That the 419er actually has to be in
chennai (where I live, btw, with sify's offices about 15 minutes away) to
signup for a freemail account with sify?

Nope!  I was just pointing out that the locus had changed from Nigeria
to India.  And they seem to have better writers.  Which I would expect
given where they *seem* to be originating from.

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision."