funsec mailing list archives

Re: The right to bear arms & make salad

From: "William Lefkovics" <william () emailonastick com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 21:52:11 -0700

The beauty of an armed populace is that when you need a firearm, they are
always nearby (only idiots would use their own gun to commit a crime).

I always thought, as a non-american, that the 2nd amendment was to provide
more of an arms balance against between public and military. A deterrent
against any form of military rule.  Of course, now, that means I should have
my own nuclear armament perhaps, I don't know.