funsec mailing list archives

Re: Off Beat: Tennessee Police Use Controversial Drug to Subdue Prisoners

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 14:07:04 +1200

Rob Thompson wrote:

What the shit is going on in this country?

The cops can drug you?

Cameras on every freaking street corner.

Electronic monitoring in Massachusetts that's coming up...

WTF?

I think you (the collective you, not necessarily you personally) are
finally getting the kind of government you deserve...

Anyone ever seen "Equilibrium"?  Is this where we are headed?

Great movie, probably.

BTW -- why is Equilibrium not better known?  Perhaps a little too dark
for mainstream Western capitalist audiences convinced that if they all
press their noses that bit closer (and for longer) to the grindstone they
will reap the benefits they surely deserve??

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald