funsec mailing list archives

Oh, what a giveaway!

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:53:09 -0800

I didn't pay too much attention to this phishing message, but the tail end of the
HTML code caught my eye:

From: "HSBC Bank plc" <no.reply () hsbc co uk>
Subject: IMPORTANT SECURITY ALERT

  <a  href="http://sreresources.com/new

[yeah, that sounds like HSBC - rms]

/jsessionid.php?cmd=userlogin&84ca0b30855eac0

[any chance this number identifies my email address? - rms]

Thank you for your prompt
  attention to this matter. Please understand that this   is a security measure
 meant to help protect you and your account.

[of course! - rms]

          If you choose to ignore our request, your account may leads to be
  temporarily suspended.

[right.  Good thing I don't have an account,then - rms]

  </tbody>

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
            Fantasy is not our crutch, it's arcane.
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/