funsec mailing list archives

Re: funsec Digest, Vol 32, Issue 19

From: RandallMan <randallm () fidmail com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 08:42:02 -0500

 ------------------------------

 Message: 3
 Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 17:08:00 -0400
 From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry () larryseltzer com>
 Subject: Re: [funsec] Microsoft: Vista feature designed to 'annoy
        users'
 To: "Richard M. Smith" <rms () computerbytesman com>,
        <funsec () linuxbox org>

 Good. I don't know another way to get people out of the administrator
 mode trap.

 If you're so lazy and careless you can turn off UAC or run with it as
 Administrator, in which case you just have to press a button instead of
 entering credentials.

 Larry Seltzer
 eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
 http://security.eweek.com/
 http://blogs.pcmag.com/securitywatch/
 Contributing Editor, PC Magazine
 larry.seltzer () ziffdavisenterprise com

Lary, Richard,

I totally agree. I hate that message too but I am so tired or "users"
having admin at start up. They start loading MSN/AIM and and such at
work so they can chat with the kids or husband.

--
RandallM