funsec mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft: Vista feature designed to 'annoy users'

From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 17:08:00 -0400

Good. I don't know another way to get people out of the administrator
mode trap.

If you're so lazy and careless you can turn off UAC or run with it as
Administrator, in which case you just have to press a button instead of
entering credentials.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blogs.pcmag.com/securitywatch/
Contributing Editor, PC Magazine
larry.seltzer () ziffdavisenterprise com