funsec mailing list archives

Re: Anyone want to lose data? (Good Engrish to...)

From: Colin Keigher <colin () afreak ca>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 20:50:52 -0700

I have gathered a few points about this interesting piece of software.

- From the looks of it, it will provide a dumbed-down approach at
erasing your partitions, screwing up your MBR, or somehow making your
hard drive sing a song before it speeds up and then slices its way out
of your computer, killing or maiming anyone in its path.

- It has a "friendly user-interface" as opposed to a "user-friendly
interface". This implies that the user-interface is going to be friendly
with you at all times regardless of any ethnicity, gender, or religious
background. It also implies that the user has to be friendly with the
software or else it will keep the data intact--as opposed to what my
initial statement said.

- They have the distinction of being honoured in recommending their own
software. Is China trying to pull a stereotypical "Japan Inc." where
salary men writing these e-mails feel like they're listening to God when
they hear the CEO or President speak at a company function? Do they feel
bad when their attempts at e-mail marketing fail and place their
department or company in jeopardy?

I wonder who their target demographic is?

- Colin