funsec mailing list archives

Re: Hacking is wrong, but abuse of process is wronger ...

From: "John C. A. Bambenek, GCIH, CISSP" <bambenek.infosec () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 16:25:38 -0500

Hacking is wrong, sure.
Abuse of Power may be wronger.
But bad grammar is something up with which I will not put.

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com> wrote:

Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah wrote:
This bothers me.  A lot.  It's too much like security theatre, as well as
being flat-
out immoral.  He did something wrong: he should be punished.  But he
should be
convicted properly, and punished appropriately, not intimidated into
pleading
guilty in order to inflate someone's prosecution records.

Have you not paid attention to every computer crime case, ever? (And I'm
sure it's not limited to computer crime, but that's about all I pay
attention to.)

                                               BB