funsec mailing list archives

Re: Lawrence Lessig on website trespassing

From: "Thomas Raef" <traef () ebasedsecurity com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 06:26:08 -0500

I wonder what responses this will get, here.

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/06/larry-lessig-si.html

      Gadi.
[Tom Replied With:]

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV but, if this material were found with a Google search, then how is it that
Google isn't included in the "liable for facilitating illegal sales of copyrighted material" charges?

One could argue that the material may not have been found if it weren't for Google.

Just a thought...

Thomas J. Raef
e-Based Security, LLC
http://www.ebasedsecurity.com