funsec mailing list archives

Re: XP SP3 Installs Older, Vulnerable Version of Flash Player

From: Dave Nelson <dave4 () mts net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 18:40:39 -0500

To be honest Jeff, I'm not sure. I haven't installed SP3 on any of my
machines (not even a vm)

Dave

Jeff Kell wrote:
Dave Nelson wrote:

IIRC Microsoft's reasoning for not shipping SP3 with a newer version was
that their license for flash only covered the older version that they
include in the update.

Does it reinstall the older ActiveX, the older plugin [e.g., Firefox],
or both?

Jeff