funsec mailing list archives

guess who just got his identity stolen?

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 16:48:46 -0500 (CDT)

Me.

Not that it helped them much, they got through two transactions before the
credit card was blocked.

I travel so much and get so many unrelated credit issues such as blocking
because I'm in a country I wasn't at yesterday that my card is closely
watched.

It was stolen in the physical world and used in the same physical area.

The funny thing is the card company called a phone I nearly never answer
and asked for "Mr. or Mrs. Evron". Without waiting i said: "thanks, not
interested" and hung up. They called back and for some reason I answered.
:P

        Gadi.