funsec mailing list archives

Re: ColdFusion error message generated by NVD

From: Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 12:36:34 +0300 (EEST)

Information posted to the public mailing list of NVD (late on 1st May):

"NVD Users,

The National Vulnerability Database (NVD) experienced a major server outage this week and service was sporadic and slow
for the last few days. We apologize for the unplanned outage and have resolved the problem. We want you to know that we
are committed to providing a robust architecture for NVD so that this will not happen again.
We want you to be able to rely on the NVD servers the same way that you rely on NVD itself for high quality
vulnerability reference data.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,
Peter Mell
NVD Program Manager"

Juha-Matti

Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi> kirjoitti:
The main page of NIST NVD (National Vulnerability Database) generates the following error message:

"Error Occurred While Processing Request
File not found: /nvd.cfm

Please try the following:

    * Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator,
click Debugging & Logging > Debugging Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.
    * Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
    * Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

[Browser information, IP and referrer address etc.]"

The ColdFusion documentation link points to
http://www.macromedia.com/go/proddoc_getdoc

And http://nvd.nist.gov/ generates normal IIS 404 error page

NVD has been unreachable several hours now.

Juha-Matti