funsec mailing list archives

Re: The Turkish i-with/without-dot strikes again....

From: "Onur Akgun" <fincan () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:03:00 -0400

As a Turkish guy, I must say that those people who killed each other must be
total idiots. But that "i with/without dot changes the meaning of some
words" is correct, although I never cared about it while I was living in
Turkey or after moving to USA. Some people overcome the problem by using
capital i ( I ) when they want to use i without dot and use lowercase i for
the other etc.

Just my two *kurus *(*kurus:* Turkish currency which is roughly the same
thing with a cent, e.g. 1/100 of a Turkish lira)

Message: 8