funsec mailing list archives

Re: black holes and lost socks

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:44:29 -0400

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 20:13:07 CDT, RandallMan said:
Don't you hate when you send the socks out to be washed and one
disappears in to a black hole somewhere never to return? Seems like
there is a similiiar situation with the internet. We seem to have
"black holes" where information is possibly being lost.

To continue the clothing analogy - I wonder how many of those black holes
are caused by BGP wedgies.

(And before you ask, RFC4264 came out in November).