funsec mailing list archives

Re: Say it ain't so: Censorship in America

From: Jacob Appelbaum <jacob () appelbaum net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 10:52:28 -0700

Blanchard_Michael () emc com wrote:
The free service is provided by the Airport (be it government or
private, doesn't matter).  If you wish to use it, you abide by the
rules and restrictions that they put in place for it's use.  In this
case, it's no porn.  Either accept it and use the WiFi, or don't
accept it and don't use the free service....

That's amazing. Can you let me in on the secret that allows the
government to not spend money on infrastructure it offers for this service?

Oh right. You totally can't. Because this isn't free. Tax payers are
paying for the service one way or another. Do you mean to say that
because they're not double taxed that somehow they should be thankful
for what they get?

That's some nonsense if I've ever heard it!

Hugs,
Jacob Appelbaum