funsec mailing list archives

The 15 most influential people in security today

From: "Alex Eckelberry" <AlexE () sunbelt-software com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 15:17:19 -0500

Congrats to the winners.

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/The-15-Most-Influential-People-in-Secu
rity-Today/

It's never easy to come up with a definitive list of IT professionals
with the most influence on the way we secure desktops, networks and
mobile devices. And limiting the list to 15 hackers is a near-impossible
task, but, in my mind, these are the folks who stand out today as
stirring the imagination and forcing us to rethink our approach to
security in an always-on world.

The 15 Most Influential People in Security Today

'1. Tavis Ormandy, Google Security Team'
'2. Ivan Krstic, One Laptop Per Child'
'3. Chris Paget, IOActive'
'4. Bunnie Huang, Bunnie Studios'
'5. Michal Zalewski, Google'
'6. Window Snyder'
'7. The MOAB Hackers'
'8. Dino Dai Zovi'
'9. Michael Howard, Microsoft'
'10. HD Moore, Metasploit '
'11. Dave Aitel, Immunity'
'12. Bronwen Matthews, Microsoft'
'13. John Pescatore, Gartner'
'14. Rob Thomas and Team Cymru'
'15. Stefan Esser, Hardened PHP Project'

Do you agree with this list?

Alex