funsec mailing list archives

Remote control has gone too far ...

From: Robert Slade <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 15:09:12 -0800

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23165572-5006007,00.html

Undoubtedly I have a twisted mind, but *I* found it funny.  (Particularly when they talked about "Men who change their
minds about having children would then simply point the remote handset at their testicles and press a button to open up
the valve.")

Oh, you wanted a security relation?  Well, my wife's first reaction was that any *woman* involved in a relationship
that included such a device would want her own form of backup.  Also, given the guys running around with devices that
unlock cars, any government that wanted to increase or decrease population for any reason might start ontacting
carjackers ...

(Do your privates beep and flash when your turn them on or off?  Sorry!  Sorry! ...)

rslade () computercrime org  slade () victoria tc ca  rslade () vcn bc ca
"If you do buy a computer, don't turn it on."     - Richards' 2nd Law
Review mailing list: send mail to techbooks-subscribe () egroups com