funsec mailing list archives

Re: Simple tip to help deal with spam

From: "Alex Eckelberry" <AlexE () sunbelt-software com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 11:13:21 -0500

Yup, a trick I use as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: funsec-bounces () linuxbox org [mailto:funsec-bounces () linuxbox org]
On Behalf Of Drsolly
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 8:25 AM
To: funsec () linuxbox org
Subject: [funsec] Simple tip to help deal with spam

Like everyone else (I guess), I sort my emails automatically into:

1. likely not spam, so look at them carefully 2. very probably spam 3.
the other 10,000 per day that are so definitely spam, I'm not even going
to look at them. Most of those aren't even addressed to a valid
username.

That leaves me with the problem of looking at the category 2, every now
and then (and I do find real emails in there sometimes).

The simple tip, is to sort those emails by subject line (normally, I
sort email by arrival date). It's a *lot* faster to delete the spams
when it's sorted that way.