funsec mailing list archives

Re: Network Solutions steals domain ideas; Confirmed!

From: Steve Pirk <orion () deathcon com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 12:27:02 -0800 (PST)

I tested this by doing just a whois query from my linux box yesterday.
Today, the domain is registered to Network Solutions. It may take a
bit longer, but even queries against whois.networksolutions.com seem
to get registered.

Unfortuunately, if the whois program cannot figure out which whois
server to query, it defaults to doing a lookup against
whois.networksolutions.com. Play it safe and force it to use another?

$ whois netsolisrippingpeopleoff.com

   Domain Name: NETSOLISRIPPINGPEOPLEOFF.COM
   Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
   Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com

--
Steve
Equal bytes for women.