funsec mailing list archives

Re: Abusrdity Theater: White House Says It Tossed ComputerHard Drives

From: "Larry Seltzer" <Larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 06:15:21 -0400

Why do you find it so hard to believe they physically destroyed hard
drives? It makes perfect sense. At "the end of their lifecycle and
retired" they are not likely useful for another task.

In the last couple of years I've thrown out a couple of old, small
drives, and before I toss them I take a hammer to them until they shake
like a maracca.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blogs.pcmag.com/securitywatch/
Contributing Editor, PC Magazine
larry.seltzer () ziffdavisenterprise com