funsec mailing list archives

RE: Oops

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 21:07:20 -0600 (CST)

Did someone just mention Yes Minister?

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007, Chris Blask wrote:

LOL!

Now *this* is Fun Sec!!

I was talking to a Brit here in Florida tonight (owner of a house we
were considering) and he asked what I thought about this incident.  I
related this thread to him and my basic thoughts about this kind of
thing: amongst them - while it is Not Good - that if the only thing
protecting you is the theoretical integrity of your SSN [or British
equivalent], then you have Bigger Problems to begin with.  I posted my
own SSN on fw-wiz to demonstrate the point, search it up if you like,
it's already registered as compromised with the FBI.

-keep 'em coming!

-chris