funsec mailing list archives

Re: Quote of the Day: Bruce Schneier

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 15:35:51 -0400

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 20:17:48 BST, David Harley said:
Note: This is an excellent summary of the Storm situation.

I suppose. I did find his assertions about the powerlessness of AV and the
citing of stuff like old school social engineering as the future of malware
a little Chicken Little.

What, you saying that old school social engineering *isn't* a major factor in
Storm's spread?  Or that AV is doing an incredible job at stopping these
things before they infect more machines?