funsec mailing list archives

Re: 5th of November

From: Andy Sutton <newslists () pessimists net>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 09:44:51 -0600

On Mon, 2007-11-05 at 23:33 +1100, silky wrote:
the americanism on this list is really starting to piss me off. what
the fuck are you guys talking about? and what does it have to do with
security, or fun?

Well for starters there wasn't an America during the original Nov. 5th.
As an evil American I did find your comment amusing, so I guess that's
the fun part.  Google is your friend.

Although it did highlight and popularize that episode in English history
in states, the graphic novel was much better than the movie.
--
- Andy

Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity.
They seem more afraid of life than death.
  - James F. Byrnes