funsec mailing list archives

Re: On topic: security related, but mostly makes me laugh, wryly

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:46:09 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, Dennis Henderson wrote:
On 10/29/07, Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com> wrote:

On 10/29/07, Remo Cornali <Remo.Cornali () rcs it> wrote:
<SNIP>
On that occasion he had been a keynote speaker at an event organised by
the
Department of Homeland Security (DHS), alongside the FBI and Muslim
organisations, to talk about tackling extremism and defeating terrorism.
<SNIP>

Big deal, the FBI and DHS have repeatedly held speaking events with
extremist muslim groups, especially the unindicted co-conspirators in
their latest, failed terrorist case. The fact that you might be a
muslim speaker at such an event hardly provides you credibility. You
would think, however, that such government officials would be afforded
an extra level of identification, perhaps, to expedite their movement
through our airports. I really have no issue with focusing on muslims
but there's little point in focusing on the obviously safe ones.

Multipass.. :)

Not as cute as lilo though