funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Absurdity Alert: UK Boy Arrested for Anarchist Cookbook

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 18:15:01 -0500

On 10/8/07, Paul Ferguson <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:
[snip]

A 17-year-old in the UK was arrested for "collection or possession of
information useful in the preparation of an act of terrorism" due to his
possession of the Anarchist Cookbook. Strange that a book freely available
on amazon.co.uk can get you arrested.

The teenager faces two charges under the Terrorism Act 2000.

Absolutely absurd.

Absolutely retarded! I'm looking at my copy on the shelf right now -
and I'm reminded that the info in it is much more likely to cause me
damage than anyone I may wish to harm. Its kind of a silly book.

On the other hand, the military field manuals are very good...are
those available via Amazon?