funsec mailing list archives

Re: Japan Plans for Godzilla/UFO team-up

From: Chris Blask <chris () blask org>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 17:24:37 -0800 (PST)

--- Gregory Hicks <ghicks () cadence com> wrote:

As you said, you can't make this up...   From CNN's "101
dumbest moments in Business", #38...

Since it made a CNN list (not to mention this one), it may
not have been such a dumb business idea, in the end.
Wonder if it increased his business?

To test Google's ability to block harmful advertising,
Belgian IT security consultant Didier Stevens posts an ad
that reads "Is your PC virus-free? Get it infected here!"
It is accepted by Google and displayed 259,723 times; 409
web surfers actually click on the ad.

I'd have a hard time resisting that one, just to see what
happened.  In the late 90s I noticed that McAfee had one
(and only one!) URL that was blocked by default.  I built a
Windows PC from scratch and went straight to that site, it
was awesome!  Flashed up buckets of popups and ate the
machine alive almost immediately... :~)

-chris "OK kids, never *ever* use these Seven Words!" blask