funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] U.S. House Vote on 'Illegal Images' Sweeps in WiFi,

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:26:33 -0600

On Dec 17, 2007 3:20 PM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:10:11 CST, Brian Loe said:

'Course, we're not talking about people who want to end their own
lives, we're talking about people who want to hurt kids. And who cares
what they want?

Slippery slope there - when did they give up all their civil rights (keeping
in mind that even convicted felons in prison have *some* rights, such as the
right to avoid cruel and unusual punishment)?

The punishment should fit the crime, and about the only time - in my
mind - that state murder is deserved is in the case of murderers of
innocence.