funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] European Parliment: Anti-Terror Efforts Have Gone Too Fa r

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 12:29:38 -0600

On Dec 14, 2007 11:02 PM, Paul Ferguson <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:

- -- Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:

Israel just looks better and better every day.

And unfortunately, the situation in the U.S. is looking bleaker
every day.

I love my country, but I fear its government.

- - ferg

Lucky for us our country's founders feared the government too.

But, what exactly, in the context of this thread, is your issue with
the U.S.? I, for one, am in complete agreement with Gadi and believe
the "European Parliament" screwed the pooch here. There's nothing
"private" about airline passenger manifests and its good intelligence
information. Also like Gadi, I appreciate most of Israels tactics for
addressing terrorism. It is unfortunate that my country's current
leaders are less concerned for Israel's security than their boss'
"legacy".

On that subject, its also unfortunate that folks' recollection of
history only goes far enough back to see some as the "victims" of
Israel rather than the tools of evil they are...but that's another
thread and probably another list.