funsec mailing list archives

RE: FBI: 'Bot Roast II' Nets 8 Individuals

From: "Young, Keith" <Keith.Young () montgomerycountymd gov>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 16:59:31 -0500

Maybe cleaning the infected machines would be a good idea as well..

You win today's "That's just crazy talk" award. ;)

Couldnt we pass legislation saying they could install a
bot-removal-and-patching into the botnet as part of their takedown?
Reduce the sentence if the botmaster helps clean up his mess?

And you would permit an FBI-sponsored software installation onto infected machines? What about, assuming that it would
be infected,  your own?

I can just see the anti-Big Brother posts on Digg now...

--Keith

Keith Young, Security Official
Department of Technology Services
Montgomery County, Maryland