funsec mailing list archives

Re: A Hacker Dream Come True: Adobe and Yahoo Tests Ads Inside PDF Documen ts

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 08:05:29 -0500

On Nov 29, 2007 12:37 AM, Paul Ferguson <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:

eah. That's what I thought.

Via Reuters.

[snip]

Software maker Adobe Systems Inc and Internet company Yahoo Inc said on
Wednesday they will offer a service to let publishers run advertisements in
Adobe's popular document-reading format.

The new service, Ads for Adobe PDF Powered by Yahoo, presents publishers
with an alternative to conventional subscriptions, which, if widely
adopted, could open up a new model based on free, ad-supported publishing,
analysts said.

When I had a windows box, I used SumatraPDF. It is also free :-)