funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] IKEA prints SSN and entire credit card number to receipts

From: Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 23:52:44 +0200 (EET)

Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu kirjoitti:
On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 18:07:38 +0200, Juha-Matti Laurio said:
I can only say what is the policy in Nordic countries. We will receive a cash
receipt which includes the ID of cashier, cash machine and the last five numbers
of the credit card.

Oh. OK.  I think I understand now - this side of the puddle, that piece of
paper is usually called a "register receipt", and if a credit card is involved,
we'll usually see "last 4 digits" (I think that's now required by VISA and/or MC,
if I remember correctly).

In Finland the last five digits will be always printed to the receipt, when using a credit card and a debit card.

OT: First sec, then fun:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Cash-Register-Receipt-Wallet/
:)

- Juha-Matti

Which is something totally different from "receipt for a cash-based transaction",
where of course no credit card number has any reason to be involved...