funsec mailing list archives

Re: Idiocy Alert: U.S. Senators Call for Universal Internet C ontent Filter ing

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 15:31:48 -0400

On 7/26/07, Paul Ferguson <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:

Okay, so "...more like The Onion..." it is. :-)

Given that other articles with dubious titles at that location,
I'm pretty certain it is satire.

I am still not sure... Check out this title:

"Bush's "anti-torture" Executive Order authorizes torture"
http://pressesc.com/news/75022072007/bushs-anti-torture-executive-order-authorizes-torture
And here is the relevant paragraph from the whitehouse.gov link:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/07/20070720-4.html

On February 7, 2002, I determined for the United States that members
of al Qaeda, the Taliban, and associated forces are unlawful enemy
combatants who are not entitled to the protections that the Third
Geneva Convention provides to prisoners of war. I hereby reaffirm that
determination.