funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Microchip Implants Raise Privacy Concern

From: Ken Dyke <kdyke () keycomputerconsultants com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 22:31:46 -0600

On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 11:38:01PM -0400, Richard M. Smith (rms () computerbytesman com) wrote:
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070721/D8QH34P80.html

Microchip Implants Raise Privacy Concern

I am disappointed that it was my local paper where I saw this item
first.  (Which isn't to say that I have not been aware of VeriChip for
several years now.)  By that, I mean, if we can't do better than the
local paper why am I subscribed to this list?  (Which isn't to say that
there are not a lot of stories that I first learn of here.)  So, to
repeat a comment I saw earlier... "Why is this news?"  IOW, if it is
something that anyone with enough clue to be subscribed to this list
should have been aware of several years ago please don't spam the list
with some main stream media (MSM) article about something we already
know.

OTOH, it is _some_times_ interesting to see when the MSM finally figures
something out.  I am still waiting for them to figure out why the USA
invaded Iraq.  (yes RMS, I saw your reply on the privacy list as to
"why" the USA invaded Iraq.  Preceptive, I had not thought of the
revenge angle. In fact, I have not thought much beyond the explicit
claims of the PNAC papers of the mid-90's.  Thank you.)

So, to add some "fun":

Q: How many neocons does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: Go fuck yourself!

Thank you,
--
Ken Dyke,
406.581.0495

"Linux can win as long as services/protocols are commodities.  By folding
extended functionality into today's commodity services and creating new
protocols, we raise the bar and change the rules of the game."
       -- from an internal Microsoft memo