funsec mailing list archives

Re: Drink a beer for him...

From: "David Lodge" <dave () cirt net>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 11:08:56 +0100

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 21:16:38 +0100, Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com> wrote:
 LONDON - Michael Jackson, a leading world beer critic who praised the
brews of Belgium and acknowledged he would never be as famous as "that
Michael Jackson," has died. He was 65.

Jackson, known as "the beer hunter," died Thursday of a heart attack
at his home in west London. His body was found by his house cleaner,
Paddy Gunningham, his long-term partner, said Friday.

Mr Jackson was well known this side of the pond for his whisk[e]*y and real ale reviews (I think I've got his guide to whisk[e]*y somewhere).

I'll have an extra real ale tonight.

dave