funsec mailing list archives

Re: Websense and political censorship

From: Ken Dyke <kdyke () keycomputerconsultants com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 21:39:00 -0600

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 11:08:14PM -0400, Alex Eckelberry (AlexE () sunbelt-software com) wrote:
It occurs to me that it would be quite valuable to have a site where one
could check the blocking status of various filtering engines, much like
you can check a virus at VirusTotal or check for a spam black list on
DNSSTUFF.  In other words, enter in a website, see what filters block or
not.   Is there some service like this out there?

Filtering software is not something I keep up on however, I vaguely
recall a incident a number of years ago where a vendor considered what
it blocked a trade secret and was suing activitist (under DMCA?) to
prevent them from reverse engineering/decrypting/whatever said black
list.
--
I reason and act, therefore, ken_i_m
Chief Gadgeteer, Elegant Innovations