funsec mailing list archives

RE: What ever happened to the Code Red worm?

From: "Discini, Sonny" <Sonny.Discini () montgomerycountymd gov>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 09:09:14 -0400

I don't have stats as I haven't been watching, but "sudden" could be
something on your end.

I will see if I can find some stats but I would agree with this
statement.  From >>what I remember it seemed to slowly taper off.

-Steve

While I don't see Code Red anymore (and haven't for a while), I still
see boat loads of Slammer worm traffic sloshing up against our
perimeter. I find that equally as obnoxious as Code Red hanging around
for years after the fact.

Sonny Discini, Senior Network Security Engineer
Department of Technology Services
Enterprise Infrastructure Division
Montgomery County Government