funsec mailing list archives

RE: Estonia Urges Firm EU, NATO Response to Cyber Attacks

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 10:08:29 +0100

I think everyone needs to rethink the issue.

As more and more governmental operations go online, and as
electronic commerce is targeted, this crosses traditional
boundaries with regards to how one defines terrorism.

Agreed. Tired as we may be of the electronic Pearl Harbour hype, there -is-
the potential to do a great deal of damage electronically. Loss of life and
limb isn't the only way to hurt a population, and I could certainly think of
electronic attacks that -would- endanger life.

--
David Harley CISSP, Small Blue-Green World
Security Author/Editor/Consultant/Researcher