funsec mailing list archives

Re: BaySec

From: Rick Wesson <wessorh () ar com>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 14:46:55 -0700

My office is just two blocks from the Zeitgeist, its the best place to find me on a friday afternoon after 3pm. I get there at 3pm so I can stake out a table. We hung out there yesterday till about 7pm.

During this time of year the Zeitgeist is best during the daylight hours and arriving early to stake out more than enough space for 5-6 people requires early afternoon drinking.

for the organizers: don't arrive at 7pm and expect anything other than a cluster fuck.

the Z is a fantastic place if its during daylight hours. Its a biker bar and there are lots of rough but friendly types. I hope the organizers will reconsider their time of the gathering.

-rick

Blue Boar wrote:
Matasano-style informal get together in San Francisco on May 16:
http://ryanlrussell.blogspot.com/2007/05/baysec.html
http://raffy.ch/blog/2007/05/02/baysec-meeting-on-may-16th-2007/
http://rdist.root.org/2007/05/01/baysec-meetup-on-may-16/

If you're in the area, I expect to see you there! ;)

                                Ryan