funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Are license plate scanners or mandatory RFID cartagscoming to NYC?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:08:24 -0400

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:56:11 EDT, rms () computerbytesman com said:
Thanks for digging this out.  It is very helpful.  I wonder if anyone has
thought about data retention policies of travel information in the backend
database.  I'm willing to bet that anyone raising questions about data
retention will be told that the database can be used to help catch
terrorists.

And they'll link it to the other 3 Horsemen of the Internet as soon as they
think of a plausible-sounding reason.