funsec mailing list archives

Re: RE: funsec Office 2007 has 0 security issues

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 13:59:35 -0400

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 13:30:49 EDT, Larry Seltzer said:
I have trouble seeing that as a bad thing.  Perhaps a bit more such
evolutionary pressure and we won't see quite as much boneheaded reliance
on single-source undocumented proprietary formats.

The 2007 formats are documented.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Office_Open_XML

Would these perchance be the same formats that were submitted for consideration
as a standard, and got lots of negative votes on the grounds they were
unclear and self-contradictory?