funsec mailing list archives

Re: RE: funsec Office 2007 has 0 security issues

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 13:13:22 -0400

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 12:57:29 EDT, der Mouse said:
Blocking isn't an option for large enterprises that rely on Word and
other Office docs for functionality.

I have trouble seeing that as a bad thing.  Perhaps a bit more such
evolutionary pressure and we won't see quite as much boneheaded
reliance on single-source undocumented proprietary formats.

Evolutionary pressure hasn't rid the world of Creationists either, so I'd
not hold my breath waiting.