funsec mailing list archives

Re: Spam Kills

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 16:37:36 -0400

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 19:17:55 BST, Drsolly said:
We've all seen this religious-angle spam; I imagine that religious people
are more gullible than non-religious, on the average.

I'd posit that they'd not necessarily more gullible overall, just more likely
to believe that particular class of scams. The highly religious will likely
fall for variants that claim the proceeds are going to do Good Works, and
totally refuse to do the greed-motivated "Help us extract $12M and get 30%"
variety - but they're balanced but those who are non-religious, greedy, and
gullible.