funsec mailing list archives

Re: FTC Official: Imprison Spyware Distributors

From: "Don Blumenthal" <dmblumenthal () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 08:23:27 -0400

On 4/10/07, Kevin McAleavey <kevinmca () nsclean com> wrote:
 Yeah, betcha those pesky Russkies and Chinese are shaking in their boots over that one.   :)

As much as they shake in their boots at any US LE. I'm sure that
Kovacic's testimony wasn't aimed at bad guys outside the US, although
SAFE WEB does give US agencies a little more capability to get at
outside folks.

And your solution is ?

 I'm reminded of my LAST encounter with those morons at the FTC ... have a historical chuckle, particularly the bottom of my
testimony back in 1997 ... FTC ... about as scary to ne'er-do-wells as the U.N.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/privacy/wkshp97/comments2/nsclean.htm

Relevant to exactly what? If you've got a beef with US LE over
browser/OS integration, another agency brought the MS antitrust case.

--
Don M. Blumenthal
Technology, Law, and Policy