funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] VeriChip Corporation Announces American MedicalAssociation Recommends Implantable RFID Devices to Improvethe Safety and Efficiency of Patient Care

From: "Larry Seltzer" <Larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 06:23:29 -0400

VeriChip Corporation Announces American Medical Association Recommends
Implantable RFID Devices to Improve the Safety and Efficiency of Patient
Care

This seems to be an identification system only; IOW, it's just a passive
RFID with a GUID in it. For the ER scenario to work they would need
immediate access to a database in which they could look up the code.

I always thought the real RFID scenario for the hospital is one where
the chip stores your medical records, but perhaps VeriChip could store
those or someone else who uses the GUID as a lookup.

I'm sorry, why is this on the privacy mailing list? Is there a problem
with this? :)

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/ <blocked::http://security.eweek.com/>