funsec mailing list archives

RE: U.S. general laments Google Earth capability

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:24:41 -0400

 maybe it's just me and my tired eyes... But in Las Vegas, on google earth the Stratosphere has lost it's huge tower
but still has it's shadow...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=36.148202,-115.155537&spn=0.009876,0.023389&z=16

  anyone feel like goofing off and help me "find the strat's tower?"  the shadow is there, but no tower to be found.
The top of the tower has that big ride called the "big shot" on the top, and a small roller coaster that goes around
the top as well.  Nothing looks like that anywhere near the shadow.  And the tower is like 1600 feet high, it's huge...
But not on google earth....

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580